Saturday 9 August 2008

Back in Bath

After getting back safe and sound from Liverpool, we settled down for a day of chilaxing in Cambridge. Unfortunatley for me, I chilaxed too much, and didn't quite keep an eye on my purse, which got taken out of my bag. Luckily enough for me they didn't take my whole bag otherwise I would have had literally nothing! But after a few tears and a mini tantrum I was fine and wasn't going to let it ruin the night of Pimm's cocktails that May, Mum and I were having.



The next day we packed up the wee hire car (again!) and May, Mum, Matt and I headed down to Cornwall. Temperatures hit 31 degrees outside while we were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. So the drive was taking much longer than we had anticipated. We reached Bath and decided to call it a day. Neither May nor Mum had been to Bath and Matt and I had loved it the first time, so we decided to cancel Cornwall. The weather was beautiful and we were lucky enough to find accommodation (but not after making about 10 phone calls, each one getting more and more desperate!). Totally lucky in the end.



On our first night we decided to head out to a Nepalese restaurant and were greeted by a young Australian guy from Albion. North side vs. south side jabs commenced, but it was great to hear another Australian voice in a place where we weren't expecting it. The meal was fantastic and we were able to sit in a cul de sac of an outdoor garden and make as much noise as we wanted!



The next morning we headed out to Avebury (Matt and I had visited Avebury on our last trip, but again, it was so lovely we just had to do it again with May and Mum). Avebury is a much larger and more magnificent Stonehenge and you can actually walk amongst the stones and touch them without having to pay an entry fee (unliked Stonehenge). The drive to and from Avebury was lovely and we saw two of the white horses painted into the hills. Cool. We decided to be tourists in the arvo and hit the open top bus for a tour. And that evening we shouted ourselves to some fine french cuisine - by far the most expensive dinner to date (well apart from the fine french cuisine we had in France) and it was delish!



Such a great weekend away and the weather was magnificent which made it all the more better. And the Monty sisters were in fine form all weekend!

No comments: